Re: [mpls] YANG Data Model for MPLS LDP and mLDP

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Sat, 09 April 2016 13:33 UTC

To: "Rajiv Asati (rajiva)" <rajiva@cisco.com>, Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 21:33:38 +0800
Subject: Re: [mpls] YANG Data Model for MPLS LDP and mLDP

Carlos and Eric,

On 2016-04-09 08:54, Rajiv Asati (rajiva) wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for pointing out this exception. This certainly is worth a bit of discussion (even though we may well be splitting hair).
>
> It might be reasonable to say that the “peering” relationship does NOT survive during graceful restart, even though label bindings don’t get deleted upto the the grace period. The reason is that after the session is closed, neither LSRs could send any messages (KeepAlive, Address/Withdraw, Notification, Label Mapping/Request/Withdraw/Abort/Release etc.) as expected/required during the “peering” relationship.
>
> With that in mind, the below definition seems reasonably accurate from modeling point of view:
>
> //
> Peer: An LDP session which has successfully progressed beyond its initialization
> phase and is ready for binding exchange.
> //

I'm not entirely comfortable with this definition, the approach is
right, but a few words need to be changed. How about:

LDP Peers: A pair of LSRs that has established an LDP session between
themselves. The session has successfully progressed beyond its
initialization phase and the LSRs are exchanging label bindings or
are ready to to so.

As for Eric's comment, I think that for modeling purposes we could
invent something like a "parked LSP session".

/Loa