Re: [mpls] 答复: poll on draft-boutros-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-02

Benjamin Niven-Jenkins <ben@niven-jenkins.co.uk> Mon, 20 December 2010 22:46 UTC

From: Benjamin Niven-Jenkins <ben@niven-jenkins.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:47:49 +0000
To: Shahram Davari <davari@broadcom.com>
Cc: Ross Callon <rcallon@juniper.net>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "mpls-bounces@ietf.org" <mpls-bounces@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] 答复: poll on draft-boutros-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-02

Sharam,

I do not think your reading of RFC5921 and the MPLS-TP OAM framework is correct.

There can be only 2 MEPs per ME. There is no restriction of 2 MEPs per LSP.

Whether the draft creates overlapping MEGs is dependent on how LSP-Ping is used, it could equally be restricted (by implementations) to only overlapping MEs within a MEG and restrict overlapping between MEGs. Anyway, that is slightly beside the point because draft-boutros-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv by itself does not enable overlapping MEGs, that is a function of LSP-Ping, draft-boutros-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv simply defines an extension to LSP Ping.

Ben