[mpls] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf-15: (with COMMENT)

"Ben Campbell" <ben@nostrum.com> Tue, 17 November 2015 03:07 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 19:07:21 -0800
Cc: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf.all@ietf.org, draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf@ietf.org, rcallon@juniper.net, mpls-chairs@ietf.org, mpls@ietf.org
Subject: [mpls] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf-15: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf-15: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf/

COMMENT:

I have one minor (almost trivial) comment/question, and several nits:

Comment:
=========
- 4.1, paragraph 3:
Is it reasonable for a TLV in this standards-action registry to be have
sub-tlvs with reduced registration requirements?  (And if so, is there a
reason to exclude specifications that are not RFCs?)

Nits:
====
-1, paragraph 1:
Missing "the" before "MPLS Transport Profile "

- 1.0, last paragraph, last two sentences:
Who are “we” in these sentences? Does it make sense to talk about what
“we” are or are not “configuring”?

2.1.1, first bullet in first list:
consider s/"both sides should be"/"both sides are"

-4.1, 2nd paragraph, first sentence:
Missing words? (What is IANA requested to do with the TLV? I assume
register it. Also, what is the name of the new TLV?
Consider a cross-reference to table to for "this sub-registry"

-4.2: "Assignments of bit positions 0 through 31"
If I read correctly, that's all the bits. Is this the same as saying the
registry itself requires standards-action?

-5:
It's mildly odd to find the acknowledgements section between two
substantive sections.

-6, first paragraph:
Should "liveliness" be "liveness"?