[mpls] Rule that is not needed and rejection of [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5036 (4465)

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Fri, 18 September 2015 09:27 UTC

To: Guijuan Wang 3 <guijuan.wang@ericsson.com>, RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, "ina@juniper.net" <ina@juniper.net>, "rhthomas@cisco.com" <rhthomas@cisco.com>, "akatlas@gmail.com" <akatlas@gmail.com>, "db3546@att.com" <db3546@att.com>, "aretana@cisco.com" <aretana@cisco.com>, "swallow@cisco.com" <swallow@cisco.com>, "rcallon@juniper.net" <rcallon@juniper.net>
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:27:48 +0200
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: [mpls] Rule that is not needed and rejection of [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5036 (4465)

Jean,

We have been looking at this quite extensively.

The consensus is that section 3.5.7.1.3. describes a situation that we
can't get into with standards compatible implementation. So you can
disregard the rule in  section 3.5.7.1.3.

We have also agreed that fixing this is not really urgent, and that the
errata process is the wrong vehicle to fix it. We require an Internet
Draft/RFC that updates RFC 5036.

I will therefore ask Deborah to reject the errata, based on the grounds
given above.

Deborah,

Can you execute on this? Let me know if you need more info.

/Loa
mpls wg co-chair