Re: [mpls] draft-fang-mpls-label-forwarding-no-swap - how much does it really save?

Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com> Fri, 24 July 2015 09:00 UTC

From: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>
To: Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>, Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>, Shahram Davari <davari@broadcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 08:59:47 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.66.180]
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] draft-fang-mpls-label-forwarding-no-swap - how much does it really save?

Hi Sasha,

Regarding why anycast segment would require global labels, please look at page 4 of this .pdf (https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/slides/slides-93-spring-1.pdf). IMHO,  it seems more acceptable to use global labels rather than introducing a new forwarding paradigm (i.e., SID-based forwarding) to achieve anycast segment functionality.

Best regards,

Xiaohu