Re: [mpls] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-09.txt

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Wed, 16 October 2013 20:21 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: 'Quintin zhao' <quintin.zhao@huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 21:20:56 +0100
Cc: mpls@ietf.org, 'Alia Atlas' <akatlas@juniper.net>
Subject: Re: [mpls] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-09.txt

Hello Quintin,

Thanks for this.

I only have one concern that needs to be thought about...

Your new registry "LDP Multi-Topology (MT) ID Name Space" under "LDP Parameter" namespace will be confusing to IANA I think. The four ranges that are marked as "Reserved" for different purposes will cause IANA to ask you what the rules are for allocation from those ranges. You need to work out what your answer is.

I am going to start the IETF last call, and I expect the question will come up during that time.

Thanks,
Adrian