Re: [mpls] working group last call on draft-ietf-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> Fri, 08 November 2013 21:04 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 13:03:50 -0800
From: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
To: Zhenlong Cui <c-sai@bx.jp.nec.com>, mpls@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls] working group last call on draft-ietf-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework

Zhenlong,

I understand you have an additional concern regarding supporting a MIP
and MEP in a node that is both a branch and leaf node.  I think this is
supported, where MIPs are associated with the P2MP branch data plane
function and MEPs are associated with the leaf data plane function.
This holds for both for both per-node and per-interface MIPs. I
certainly agree that it is reasonable for there to be a more in depth
discussion on this topic, and suggest that such a discussion be added to
draft-hmk-mpls-tp-p2mp-oam-framework.

If you'd like, we can something like the following to our draft:

  It is worth noting that a MIP and MEP may be instantiated on a node
  when it is both a branch and leaf node.

Please let us know if you still have concerns on our document.

Thank you,
Lou