[mpls] 答复: Comments about draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworkingand difference between Path Segment and BSID

<xiong.quan@zte.com.cn> Mon, 16 September 2019 08:42 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:41:34 +0800
From: xiong.quan@zte.com.cn
To: dhruv.ietf@gmail.com
Cc: loa@pi.nu, tsaad.net@gmail.com, mpls@ietf.org, draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworking@ietf.org
Subject: [mpls] 答复: Comments about draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworkingand difference between Path Segment and BSID

Hi Dhruv,

Sorry to reply late! Sorry to misunderstand your comment!

I agree with you.  Path Segment and  Binding SID are different and each serve a specific purpose.

I think the use of the binding SID [RFC8402] is recommended to reduce the size of lable stack in our draft.

But the use of binding SID is not recommended to sticth the inter-domain instead of Path Segment.

The draft proposed two interworking models including Stitching (section-3.1) and Nesting (section-3.2).

For the stitching model, there is no end-to-end Path Segment, the end-to-end path across multiple domanins has been partitioned to several

domain segments and each domain segment is identified as an inter-domain Path Segment (i-Path). These i-Paths can be used to correlate the

inter-domain paths whcih can be  stitched to an end-to-end path. In the headend node, the i-Path MUST bind the two unidirectional

paths and correlate the bidirectional path. Moreover, each domain can accomplish the per-segment OAM, PM or protection by using the  i-Path.

If we use Binding SID to stitch the inter-domain, the per-segment or per-domain OAM/PM/protection can not be achieved.

For the nesting model, an end-to-end Path Segment (e-Path) is existed and the end-to-end OAM/PM/protection can be accomplished by using e-Path.

In this model, sub-path Path Segment (s-Path) MAY also be defined and used to indicate the intra-domain path when the per-segment or per-domain

OAM, PM or protection is requried.

In both models, the use of the binding SID [RFC8402] is also recommended to reduce the size of lable stack.

Best Regards,

Quan

原始邮件