Re: [mpls] Comments on draft-andersson-mpls-mna-fwk-01

"Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com> Sat, 28 May 2022 10:27 UTC

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
To: John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net>, Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li>
CC: "draft-andersson-mpls-mna-fwk@ietf.org" <draft-andersson-mpls-mna-fwk@ietf.org>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 10:26:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.48.171.201]
Subject: Re: [mpls] Comments on draft-andersson-mpls-mna-fwk-01

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback.

Although draft-song-mpls-eh-indicator talks about the alternatives of the extension header indicator, most of the options and the analysis in that draft are generic enough to be incorporated into the mna framework.  Please note the role of EH indicator in that draft is similar to Network Action Sub-stack Indicator (NSI), not the Network Action Indication (NAI). Thus the eh-indicator document is independent from the encoding of NAI.

As for ISD vs PSD, there have been a lot of discussion on the list. Stack depth is one aspect to consider but not the only one, and support of ELI/EI does not mean ISD can be easily supported. The recent DT discussion shows that maybe a solution analysis document could help to compare the candidate mechanisms based on the use cases and requirements we have so far.

Best regards,
Jie