Re: [mpls] [MPLS]Comments aboutdraft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworkinganddifferencebetween Path Segment and BSID

<xiong.quan@zte.com.cn> Wed, 25 September 2019 09:48 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:35:32 +0800
From: xiong.quan@zte.com.cn
To: dhruv.ietf@gmail.com
Cc: loa@pi.nu, tsaad.net@gmail.com, mpls@ietf.org, draft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworking@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls] [MPLS]Comments aboutdraft-xiong-mpls-path-segment-sr-mpls-interworkinganddifferencebetween Path Segment and BSID

Hi Dhruv and Cheng,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry to reply late!

I agree with you about that using  *BOTH* path segment and binding segment mentioned by Dhruv and

using Path Segment for intra-domain OAM/PM and Binding SID for inter-domain path stitching mentioned by Cheng.

And this mechanism is sepcified in draft "draft-ietf-spring-mpls-path-segment" which has been adopted by Spring WG.

But I think it is just appropriate for nesting model as that draft defined and it proposed the nesting of Path Segments.

The solution is not appropriate for stitching model. The reasons are as follows.

a. In stitching models, the BSID is not appropriate. As defined in RFC8402, the headend of an SR Policy binds a BSID to its policy.

The BSID which  indicates the SID List and selected path of the next domain MUST be pushed in at the ingress node of the prev domain

and popped out at the ingress node of next domain.  The path  information of two domains ate mixed together, It can not meet the requirement of stitching model.

b.Whatover,the internal information of one domain has been exposed to other domain. It is not appropriate when the domains belong to different operators.

c. In stitching models, I think all the labels in label stack need to be pushed in at the ingress nodes and be popped out at the egress nodes of each domain.

We can not carry all the BSIDs at the ingress node of ingress domain as nesting model defined.

d. In stitching models, we proposed the stitching of Path Segments.  We proposed the Path segments correlation to realize the inter-domain stitching. And the inter-domain stitching

is not just the SID List stitching but also the path stitching which can achieve path OAM/PM/protection.

Quan

原始邮件