Re: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-02.txt

"Rabadan, Jorge (Jorge)" <jorge.rabadan@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 28 August 2014 16:55 UTC

From: "Rabadan, Jorge (Jorge)" <jorge.rabadan@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:52:58 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.41]
Subject: Re: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-02.txt

Wes,

Not an EVPN author, but I have some a couple of comments about section
3.3.1.1:

- Minor: EVPN is a separate AFI/SAFI so I would not make it a sub-section
of L2VPN, but I would rather put it at the same level. Now that the L2VPN
WG will no longer be a WG on its own, I would not classify EVPN as L2VPN
anymore. EVPN can even do L3.

- Why does EVPN inherit RFC 6074 gaps? I don’t see any gap in any of the
EVPN defined route types or procedures. I would remove that and keep the
dependency on mLDP and RFC 7117 (if any) for the PMSI tunnel attribute
that EVPN inherits. Other than that I see no gaps in EVPN.

Thank you.
Jorge