Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-12.txt> (A Thesaurus for the Terminology used in Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs and ITU-T's Transport Network Recommendations.) to Informational RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 14:45:15 -0700
List-Id: Multi-Protocol Label Switching WG <mpls.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'A Thesaurus for the Terminology used in Multiprotocol Label Switching
   Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs and ITU-T's Transport
   Network Recommendations.'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   MPLS-TP is based on a profile of the MPLS and PW procedures as
   specified in the MPLS-TE and (MS-)PW architectures developed by the
   IETF.  The ITU-T has specified a Transport Network architecture.

   This document provides a thesaurus for the interpretation of MPLS-TP
   terminology within the context of the ITU-T Transport Network
   recommendations.

   It is important to note that MPLS-TP is applicable in a wider set of
   contexts than just Transport Networks.  The definitions presented in
   this document do not provide exclusive nor complete interpretations
   of MPLS-TP concepts.  This document simply allows the MPLS-TP terms
   to be applied within the Transport Network context.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.