Re: [mpls] ITU-T LS on MRPS (RFC 8227)

류정동 <ryoo@etri.re.kr> Thu, 13 June 2019 07:35 UTC

From: 류정동 <ryoo@etri.re.kr>
To: Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>, Italo Busi <italo.busi@huawei.com>
CC: "'mpls@ietf.org'" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 07:35:45 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.254.28.46]
Subject: Re: [mpls] ITU-T LS on MRPS (RFC 8227)

Italo and Sasha,

I am not sure about whether a two node ring has any practical significance. I think that linear protection would be more appropriate. Nevertheless, I also think it is important to know the extent to which any protocol is applied.

Please, see my responses inline below starting with [JR]:

Best regards,

Jeong-dong

________________________________
보낸 사람 : "Alexander Vainshtein" <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>
보낸 날짜 : 2019-06-12 03:27:30 ( +09:00 )
받는 사람 : Italo Busi <italo.busi@huawei.com>
참조 : 'mpls@ietf.org' <mpls@ietf.org>
제목 : Re: [mpls] ITU-T LS on MRPS (RFC 8227)

Italo,

I wonder if the question about a 2-node ring has any practical significance?

One could use MPLS-TP Linear ptotection in this case IMHO.

My 2c

Thumb typed by Sasha Vainshtein