Re: [mpls] Still open: working group lst call on draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls

<geraldine.calvignac@orange.com> Thu, 17 October 2013 08:48 UTC

From: geraldine.calvignac@orange.com
To: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:48:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.3]
Cc: "draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls.all@tools.ietf.org>, "mpls-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <mpls-chairs@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Still open: working group lst call on draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls

Hello,
Work on this subject is of high interest for operators as MPLS now moves to the edge of the network, with the introduction of MPLS CSGs for mobile backhauling, pre-aggregation IP/MPLS nodes or MPLS MSANs, that is, numerous nodes of limited capacities. Seamless MPLS architectures have to be promoted as they enable single and uniform MPLS technology, simplified service architecture, simplified transport architecture, fewer adherences between transport and service, simplified provisioning (limited to the edge of the network), better and easier resiliency.

Regards,
	Geraldine