Re: [mpls] AD review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Thu, 17 April 2014 13:41 UTC

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:41:37 +0200
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth.all@tools.ietf.org
Cc: mpls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls] AD review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth

Adrian,

Sorry if I don't have the history right, but it is not really the that
is my problem.

It is the tension between

 > There is a risk with the Hello and it needs a solution.
 > No issue with that, and I support this draft.

and

 > why a bad actor within the network would waste its time attacking LDP
 > when there is so much else it can do!

The first seems says that there is a risk that needs to be taken care
of, the second seems to say that this is moot.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@mail01.huawei.com
Senior MPLS Expert                          loa@pi.nu