[mpls] A first version of draft-ijln-mpls-rfc5036bis-00.txt

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Tue, 16 February 2016 12:12 UTC

To: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "mpls-chairs@ietf.org" <mpls-chairs@ietf.org>, draft-ijln-mpls-rfc5036bis@ietf.org
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:12:11 +0800
Subject: [mpls] A first version of draft-ijln-mpls-rfc5036bis-00.txt

Working Group,

We have started the work to take LDP to Internet Standard, the -00
version of draft-ijln-mpls-rfc5036bis does a few things

- gives us an xml-document to work from
- defines the scope of what needs to be done
- adds a TODO-list with semi-concrete task that should be
   undertaken
- starts a list of differences between RFC 5036 and the current
   document

We have added an "Editors note" as the first section (for scope
and ToDo), the Editors Note will be removed before publication, but
temporarily the section numbering is "one off" as compared to RFC 5036.

WE have also added xml anchors/targets for internal references and
figure numbers for the figures.

We are considering to remove the figure number again before publication,
but ant them there as long as we are discussing the document.

The implicit tables for optional parameters has been changed to
xml supported texttables.

We have removed the reference to CR-LDP as the TE protocol.

We have discussed if we can remove FR and ATM, since there seems to
be no FR or ATM switches using LDP.

Please comment on what we have done, and help us capture things we
have forgotten.

/Loa
for the editors group