Re: [mpls] AD review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth

Vero Zheng <vero.zheng@huawei.com> Fri, 18 April 2014 03:08 UTC

From: Vero Zheng <vero.zheng@huawei.com>
To: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, 'Loa Andersson' <loa@pi.nu>, "draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth.all@tools.ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 03:08:04 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.115]
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] AD review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth

> RFC 6952 comes from draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis-00.txt that was adopted by KARP in June 2011. That derives from draft-mahesh-bgp-ldp-msdp-analysis first posted in February 2011

(note that the discussion of LDP Hellos didn't make it into this document until -01 in May2011).

Adrian,

That is not correct. The discussion of LDP Hellos was in the document from the very beginning. The hello spoofing was discussed in both the discussion on current state/optimal state of the protocols in -00.

Obviously, the document authors care:)

Cheers, Vero