THREAD 1 - Fwd: [Mter] Need to decide on potential next steps for MTER

JP Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com> Mon, 15 May 2006 18:41 UTC

From: JP Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com>
Subject: THREAD 1 - Fwd: [Mter] Need to decide on potential next steps for MTER
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:41:06 -0400
To: mter@ietf.org

Hi,

With regards to scenario 1 of http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
draft-ahmad-mter-problem-statement-00.txt

Do you think that:

(1) There is a need for more than simple hold-off timer (e.g. inter-
layer token-based synchronization process) ? Note that this answer
may be "Yes, but no need for standardization, implementation specific)
(2) Requirement for identification failure mechanisms so as to
trigger the appropriate mechanism?
(3) Is there a need for a MIB that would keep track of the number of
times each mechanism
      has triggered a recovery action and the reasons for each
activation?
(4) ...

Thanks.

JP, Raymond and Jean-Louis.