[Mtgvenue] Adam Roach's Yes on draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-15: (with COMMENT)

Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> Wed, 06 June 2018 04:06 UTC

From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process@ietf.org, mtgvenue-chairs@ietf.org, presnick@qti.qualcomm.com, mtgvenue@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 21:06:11 -0700
Subject: [Mtgvenue] Adam Roach's Yes on draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-15: (with COMMENT)

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-15: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process/

COMMENT:

Thanks to everyone who worked on this document.

I agree with Spencer's concern that this document is tightly tied to the current
IASA structure, which is under revision at the moment. I think it would be an
improvement to describe, in more general terms, the entity responsible for
selecting venues, with a single note early in the document that the entity
currently in that role is the IASA.

I also have a handful of editorial nits that the authors may wish to address.

Please expand "IASA" in the Abstract, assuming it remains in the Abstract.

Abstract:

>  It directs the IASA to make available additional process
>  documents around that describe the current meeting selection process.

I'm having a really hard time parsing this sentence. It seems to make sense if
you remove "around".

§2.1:

>     criteria below, one mandatory and others important, to allow for
>     the case where local laws may require filtering in some
>     circumstances.[MeetingNet]

It's not clear what "[MeetingNet]" is doing here. Perhaps some explanatory text
about what the reader can expect to find at that reference would be useful.

In any case, consider putting a space before the opening bracket.