Re: [Mtgvenue] Disposition of the group

Eliot Lear <> Thu, 05 March 2020 19:17 UTC

Return-Path: <>
Received: from localhost (localhost []) by (Postfix) with ESMTP id DF2F53A0A04 for <>; Thu, 5 Mar 2020 11:17:17 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -9.601
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-9.601 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIMWL_WL_MED=-0.001, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, SPF_PASS=-0.001, URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001, USER_IN_DEF_DKIM_WL=-7.5] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key)
Received: from ([]) by localhost ( []) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id 36sa_IH0a1lV for <>; Thu, 5 Mar 2020 11:17:16 -0800 (PST)
Received: from ( []) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher DHE-RSA-SEED-SHA (128/128 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 92D2F3A0A00 for <>; Thu, 5 Mar 2020 11:17:15 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple;;; l=1961; q=dns/txt; s=iport; t=1583435835; x=1584645435; h=mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date:cc: content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=KYuiqKFJVXGdA1R4ijocXkMnvC5gAcfbPZ/0OAI6U+8=; b=Ib6IdT5ms3d7dykqopgw1+NEcw1Gvz5oelZthqY7SENi6xuXU+aiAGPk Hwunz4nAYbu2s97GFXqOx/OncMgdX9eAaZvAAK7WZsOwW9d2dVOm4K3BT mVMVoNjad+b2XbjZT6IMtQb7OAY1x47GIYpqx/QOwS8/HKcJ0udoG9M73 U=;
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: =?us-ascii?q?A0B+AADjT2Fe/xbLJq1lGgEBAQEBAQE?= =?us-ascii?q?BAQMBAQEBEQEBAQICAQEBAYF7gX2BGFUgEiqEFYkDh2olmz4JAQEBDAEBGAs?= =?us-ascii?q?MBAEBg35FAoIyOBMCAwEBCwEBBQEBAQIBBQRthVYMhWMBAQEBAgEBASFLCwU?= =?us-ascii?q?LCxgCAiYCAicwBhODJgGCWyAPpzB1gTKFSoUFBoEOKoxBggCBOAwUgk0+gmQ?= =?us-ascii?q?BAYFlgxEygiwEjh6iA4JGglGUFRyCSYghhCaMJKcQgzICBAYFAhWBaSKBWDM?= =?us-ascii?q?aCBsVOyoBgkE+EhgNjikXgQQBCYdWhUJAAzCPBQEB?=
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="5.70,519,1574121600"; d="scan'208";a="24066973"
Received: from (HELO ([]) by with ESMTP/TLS/DHE-RSA-SEED-SHA; 05 Mar 2020 19:17:09 +0000
Received: from [] ([]) by (8.15.2/8.15.2) with ESMTPS id 025JH89Z020271 (version=TLSv1.2 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 bits=256 verify=NO); Thu, 5 Mar 2020 19:17:09 GMT
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Mac OS X Mail 13.0 \(3608.\))
From: Eliot Lear <>
In-Reply-To: <>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 20:17:08 +0100
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Message-Id: <>
References: <>
To: Alissa Cooper <>
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.3608.
X-Outbound-SMTP-Client:, []
Archived-At: <>
Subject: Re: [Mtgvenue] Disposition of the group
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.29
Precedence: list
List-Id: "List for email discussion of the IAOC meeting venue selection process." <>
List-Unsubscribe: <>, <>
List-Archive: <>
List-Post: <>
List-Help: <>
List-Subscribe: <>, <>
X-List-Received-Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 19:17:18 -0000

Hi Alissa,

For sure we need the mailing list.  I don’t think we need the WG.  At least not yet.

We need some running code, and so we should be conservative about reopening those documents too quickly.  This having been said, as you know, I’ve been somewhat interested in figuring out new modalities for meetings, or at least getting data to have the discussion.  Part of that was environment, part of that was effectiveness.  I don’t think any of us really considered the situation we are in today, and perhaps in April we will have a better idea as to whether additional process would be helpful.   Well, really you, Jay and the leadership will have war stories to tell us.

An AI now rests with Jay on this to collect some data, and as I recall, there was another AI in which he would hire someone to help (but my memory could be faulty).  It may be premature for this group to engage with that person.  If my memory is correct, then perhaps we have to wait a few months, presumably until after Madrid, before even beginning to have the discussion about what we can reasonably consider improving.


> On 5 Mar 2020, at 20:01, Alissa Cooper <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> The two deliverables for this group have been published: RFC 8718 and RFC 8719. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
> At this point we could close the group. If we do that, I think we should keep the mailing list open. Or we could keep the group open in case people want to propose updates to the documents in the future. Or we could talk about a re-charter if there are other related work items people want to pursue. Please share your thoughts about the disposition of the group.
> Thanks,
> Alissa
> _______________________________________________
> Mtgvenue mailing list