Subject: [Mtgvenue] Martin Vigoureux's Yes on draft-ietf-mtgvenue-meeting-policy-06: (with COMMENT)
From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Charles Eckel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 07:00:03 -0700
List-Id: "List for email discussion of the IAOC meeting venue selection process." <mtgvenue.ietf.org>

Martin Vigoureux has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mtgvenue-meeting-policy-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mtgvenue-meeting-policy/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am not sure to understand what that sentence means (might simply because I'm
not a native English reader):
   The exploratory meeting proposals will be initiated based on
   community consent.

If the proposals are *initiated* based on community consent, what has the
community effectively consented to?

Thank you

Martin