Brian Trueblood - Pet Detective.....

Mike O'Dell <mo@uunet.uu.net> Wed, 17 May 1995 10:19 UTC

To: jis@mit.edu
Cc: iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Brian Trueblood - Pet Detective.....
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 06:20:12 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Mike O'Dell <mo@uunet.uu.net>

This fellow called me on the phone yesterday.
He said he got my name from something listing the IESG members.
There are several I could think of offhand.

And he was recruiting for two positions with MCI - one with MCI Data
Transmission in Dallas involving backbone engineering and one with a
new software group out in Reston relating to Internet Services.

It was terribly clear the poor sod had not clue one about who was
doing what in the industry because, no, I couldn't help him because I
was busy hiring such people.  He didn't come out and ask what UUNET
did, but he came *really* close.

With obvious humor I also politely suggested that his use of Vint's
recurring quote about MCI carrying "Half the traffic of the Internet"
was full of beans.

But I do admit that Vint's beans are very high-class beans.

The conversation was actually a bit of comic relief in a busy day.

	-Mike