Re: Informational RFC may need review - Common DNS Operational and Configuration Errors

Dave Barr <barr@math.psu.edu> Thu, 01 June 1995 00:15 UTC

To: jkrey@isi.edu, set@bellcore.com, scoya@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Cc: rfc-editor@isi.edu, iesg@isi.edu
Subject: Re: Informational RFC may need review - Common DNS Operational and Configuration Errors
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 20:16:05 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Dave Barr <barr@math.psu.edu>

In message <199505302222.AA03218@akamai.isi.edu>, jkrey@ISI.EDU writes:
>In the msg below that you sent to the rfc-editor you stated,
>"I'll get in touch with the author to ask him to do this."
>
>What is the status?

Let me first note that the RFC has been submitted as an I-D.
(draft-barr-dns-errors-01.txt)

I plan on sending in a first revision (-01) soon.

I don't plan to add this.  I see no precedence for adding such a
disclaimer.  The fact that it is not a product of a working group
is clearly evident by its filename.  As an RFC, I don't
see others having disclaimers either.

If there are plans for an IETF WG to address this subject I'd
love to know.  I'd be even happier to get comments where this
document may conflict with or omit items being addressed by an IETF WG.

>Second, I would like the members of the namedroppers mailing list to
>be given a chance to comment on this memo before it is published as an
>RFC. I'll get in touch with the author to ask him to do this.

I thought namedroppers got a copy of the I-D ACTION notice,
but I guess not.  I'm sending a notice there now.  (in the document's
earlier stages I had sent a notice to bind-workers)

--Dave