Re: draft RFC comments

Steve Deering <deering@pescadero.stanford.edu> Sat, 03 February 1990 06:17 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 Feb 1990 02:41:00 -0000
From: Steve Deering <deering@pescadero.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: draft RFC comments
To: mtudwg%decwrl.dec.com@gregorio.stanford.edu

[This is a message I sent to Fred Bohle and cc'd to the mtudwg list.
For some unknown reason, the cc copy has been sitting in pescadero's
output queue all day long, refusing to go to decwrl.  So I'm sending
it via another host.  Sorry for any duplicates.  - Steve]

Fred,

If I understand your proposal, it does not handle the situation where
the PMTU decreases after the TCP connection has been established.
We'd like to have a scheme that detects and adjusts to PMTU changes,
which can occur whenever the dynamic routing changes.

Steve