Re: [multipathtcp] MPTCP carrying UDP

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Wed, 16 November 2016 07:08 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: "N.Leymann@telekom.de" <N.Leymann@telekom.de>, "alan.ford@gmail.com" <alan.ford@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:07:58 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.5]
Cc: "multipathtcp@ietf.org" <multipathtcp@ietf.org>, "Markus.Brunner3@swisscom.com" <Markus.Brunner3@swisscom.com>
Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] MPTCP carrying UDP

Hi Nic,

Of course, there are applications that are not suitable to be injected inside an MPTCP connection.
It is also clear that some issues are to be handled correctly if we want to have a decent solution.

All that is fully agreed.

My point is that instead of speculating about the foreseen results, let’s document an EXPERIMENTAL solution so that people can play with and assess. This is fundamental because all is about technical details.

If it appears the results are bad, that particular solution will be then stamped as historic.

Cheers,
Med