Re: [multipathtcp] RADIUS/DHCP (was RE: potential MPTCP proxy charter item)

Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch> Wed, 26 October 2016 11:19 UTC

To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com, JACQUENET Christian IMT/OLN <christian.jacquenet@orange.com>
From: Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:19:31 +0200
Cc: "multipathtcp@ietf.org" <multipathtcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] RADIUS/DHCP (was RE: potential MPTCP proxy charter item)

Hi Med,

sorry you are right about the DHC charter. I didn't check closely enough what
you are proposing. I guess radext is a different case and I would need to
check with the responsible AD (Kathleen in this case).

However, I would actually like to postpone any decision till after the banana
bof. While your dhcp/radius options/attributes are specific to MPTCP use
only, I could also imagine and extension that could be used for different
bonding proxies with e.g. a flag indicating that MPTCP is supported.

Maybe contact the banana bof chairs. I know they've looking for someone to
presentation the mptcp approach.

Mirja