Re: [multipathtcp] [iccrg] LISA - Linked Slow-Start for MPTCP => ICCRG

Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Tue, 22 November 2016 15:24 UTC

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 07:23:53 -0800
To: Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no>
Cc: multipathtcp <multipathtcp@ietf.org>, iccrg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] [iccrg] LISA - Linked Slow-Start for MPTCP => ICCRG

Hi Michael,

Sorry for my slow response and thanks for the explanation.
So, In my understanding, the design goal of LISA is similar to HyStart
in a sense, but use simpler algorithm as design choice.
If this presumption is right, when we have some external knowledge
about the paths, I'm guessing we might be able to do something
different rather than using fixed value. It's just an idea, though.

Thanks,
--
Yoshi