Re: [ncrg] New Draft: Network Complexity Framework

ken carlberg <carlberg@g11.org.uk> Wed, 24 October 2012 11:05 UTC

From: ken carlberg <carlberg@g11.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:05:54 -0400
To: surfer@mauigateway.com
Cc: ncrg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [ncrg] New Draft: Network Complexity Framework

one could use the broader term, transit and stub networks.  Government/DoD networks can be viewed in this form, though Wikipedia (which is not the definitive answer on all things :-) would say that transit networks like DISN is an "enterprise" network.  I'm also more used tot he term "stub" network instead of enterprise, but its really a function of the terms we're first exposed to.

I would also view most universities like UCL and Cambridge as "enterprise" or "stub" networks, and JANET as the transit network connecting them to the rest of the Internet.

-ken