Re: [Nea] Congrats on Job Well Done

Steve Hanna <steve@hannas.com> Fri, 09 May 2014 20:08 UTC

Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 16:08:33 -0400
From: Steve Hanna <steve@hannas.com>
To: TGLASSEY <tglassey@earthlink.net>, nea@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Nea] Congrats on Job Well Done

Todd,

I presume that you're referring to this IPR disclosure:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1889/

If that's the case, you should refer to Cisco's statement
in the IPR disclosure linked to above.

Speaking only for myself and noting that I'm not a lawyer,
I don't think there's any reason to worry about that IPR.
In layman's terms, the Cisco statement says that anyone can
use their IPR to implement the spec. However, if you sue
them, they'll sue you back.

Are you planning to implement the spec or just asking?

Thanks,

Steve