Re: [Nea] Congrats on Job Well Done

Andreas Steffen <andreas.steffen@strongswan.org> Mon, 12 May 2014 12:55 UTC

Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:55:32 +0200
From: Andreas Steffen <andreas.steffen@strongswan.org>
To: Steve Hanna <steve@hannas.com>, Joe Klein <jsklein@gmail.com>
Cc: nea@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Nea] Congrats on Job Well Done

Hi,

a strongSwan developers release is available which implements
the RFC 7171 PT-EAP transport protocol:

  http://download.strongswan.org/strongswan-5.2.0dr3.tar.bz2

As the outer EAP tunnel method protecting the PT-EAP protocol
EAP-TTLS is currently used because we haven't implemented
RFC 7170 TEAP yet.

An example scenario with two strongSwan IPsec Access Requestors (ARs)
connecting to a strongSwan VPN Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) via
IKEv2 which in turn has an EAP-RADIUS connection to a strongSwan
Policy Decision Point (PDP) is shown here:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults5dr/tnc/tnccs-20-pdp-eap/

The complete IETF NEA stack is used:

   - RFC 5792 PA-TNC
   - RFC 5793 PB-TNC
   - RFC 7181 PT-EAP

Alternatively the strongSwan pt-tls-client which implements the
RFC 6876 PT-TLS transport protocol can connect directly to
the strongSwan Policy Decision Point over a TLS socket:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults5dr/tnc/tnccs-20-pdp-pt-tls/

In this alternative scenario the stack is

   - RFC 5792 PA-TNC
   - RFC 5793 PB-TNC
   - RFC 6876 PT-TLS

Best regards