Subject: Re: [nemo] New versions of charter
From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
To: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Cc: ml-nemo WG <[email-masked]>, "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:53:30 +0200
List-Id: NEMO Working Group <nemo.ietf.org>

Vijay Devarapalli wrote:
> hi TJ,
> 
> my understanding was that there will also be a general purpose route 
> optimization solution. and this solution would not depend on 
> geographically distributed HAs. this is not mentioned anywhere in the
>  charter. the charter only talks about "Analysis of the Solution
> Space for Route Optimization".
> 
>> The working group has work items to describe a basic solution for 
>> network mobility in IPv6-only networks, and to design a mechanism 
>> to allow mixed IPv4/IPv6 networks, carrying signalling messages 
>> that describe both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and mobile network 
>> prefixes. The latter task is shared with the Mobile IPv6 working 
>> group, addressed by a joint design team.
> 
> this is just DS-MIPv6 (with appropriate extensions for IPv4 mobile 
> network prefixes), right? nothing more.

Maybe something more generic than just DS-MIPv6?  DS-MIPv6 addresses
some relevant transition cases but not all (HA fully-v6 is not addressed).

Alex