Re: [netconf] AD review of draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Fri, 02 July 2021 02:01 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <eckelcu=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <rwilton@cisco.com>
CC: "draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr@ietf.org>, "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 02:01:15 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.136.123.117]
Subject: Re: [netconf] AD review of draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr

Hi, Rob and Charles, Kent:
I can understand we should be cautious to introduce new HTTP status code, mapping between error code and HTTP status code seems a right direction.
Such mapping helps refine HTTP status code semantics. Using 300 multi choice response seems confusing, since we didn’t see location head field is added.
I also think status codes such as 421 should be considered.

-Qin