[netconf] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-22: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 29 April 2019 13:12 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push@ietf.org, Kent Watsen <kent+ietf@watsen.net>, netconf-chairs@ietf.org, kent+ietf@watsen.net, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 06:12:42 -0700
Subject: [netconf] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-22: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-22: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push/

COMMENT:

Getting a streaming telemetry for changes in datastore appears quite useful.

Please note that I did not review in depth after the section 4.

Comments
--------

C1) Out of curiosity, it is surprising for a netconf wg document to have 7
errors indicated by the YANG validator. Are they real errors or is the `pyang`
validator incorrect or missing references?

C2) 7 authors... the limit is usually 5 authors max. Can you justify?

C3) section 2. It should be RFC 8174 without citing RFC 2119.

C4) section 3.7, why not forcing a resynch (and a patch-id of 0) rather than
simply rolling explicitly the patch-id to 0. The latter seems to me as prone to
synchronization errors.

Nits
----

N1) unsure why all Cisco Systems authors are not grouped together

N2) "Xpath": should be described (or having a reference) before first use in
section 3.6

N3) a couple of "yang" in lowercase while I believe "YANG" is always written in
uppercase