[netconf] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-22

Stewart Bryant via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 10 April 2019 20:40 UTC

From: Stewart Bryant via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 13:40:42 -0700
Subject: [netconf] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-22

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-22
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2019-04-10
IETF LC End Date: 2019-04-12
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

nits section that need to be considered.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 7895 (Obsoleted by RFC 8525)
============

SB> I assume that the ADs are happy with seven front page authors.

===========
 Abstract

   Via the mechanism described in this document, subscriber applications
SB> I am not sure if  starting a sentence with "via" is good English
SB> but I have not seen it done before.

===========
   Traditional approaches to providing visibility into managed entities
   from remote have been built on polling.
SB> from remote what?

3.10.  On-Change Notifiable Datastore Nodes

   In some cases, a publisher supporting on-change notifications may not
   be able to push on-change updates for some object types.  Reasons for
   this might be that the value of the datastore node changes frequently
   (e.g., [RFC8343]'s in-octets counter), that small object changes are
   frequent and meaningless (e.g., a temperature gauge changing 0.1
   degrees), or that the implementation is not capable of on-change
   notification for a particular object.