[Netconf] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf-06: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> Mon, 24 September 2018 00:07 UTC

From: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf@ietf.org, Mahesh Jethanandani <mjethanandani@gmail.com>, netconf-chairs@ietf.org, mjethanandani@gmail.com, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:07:07 -0700
Subject: [Netconf] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf-06: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf/

COMMENT:

I'll be honest -- I was expecting this review to be long, annoying and
unpleasant. It is documenting changes to some fundamental bits, and on matters
where I always feel like I *should( have more expertise / knowledge... and so I
set aside time on a flight to be able to focus on this....

It turns out to have been a very well, clearly written and understandable
document...

I only have a *minor* suggestion:
"3.1.1.3.  Example: Retrieving an entire subtree from <running>

The following example shows the <get-data> version of the
   <get-config> example shown in Section 7.1 of [RFC6241].
"

Seeing that this is an introductory example, I think that it would be nice to
make it clearer that this filters users subtree; it is clear once reading the
example, but knowing what it is supposed to be demonstrating before seeing it
might be nice...

I did say it was a minor comment!