Re: [Netconf] Last Call on yang-push-17

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Tue, 28 August 2018 03:23 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: Kent Watsen <kwatsen@juniper.net>, "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 03:23:38 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.33.244]
Subject: Re: [Netconf] Last Call on yang-push-17

A few comments on yang-push-17:
I have difficult to understand section 3.2 of yang-push-17:
Section 3.2 of yang-push-17 said:
"
To accomplish this, implementations
   SHOULD support the conceptual authorization model of [RFC8342],
   specifically section 3.2.4.

                         +-----------------+      +--------------------+
     push-update or -->  | datastore node  |  yes | add datastore node |
    push-change-update   | access allowed? | ---> | to update message  |

      Figure 5: Updated [rfc6536bis] access control for push updates

"
Do we have authorization model in NMDA specification [RFC8342], should we reference to RFC8341?
Section 3.2.4 of RFC8341 is about get and get-config operation which seems not relevant to this section.
Push-update or push-change-update are notification, so we should reference notification access control?
What is the update to RFC6536bis or RFC8341?
If there is update to RFC8341, I think it should be reflected in the front page, right?

Also I think remote mirroring appears only once in the abstract, it will be great to add definition of remote mirroring, it is hard to understand at the first place.