Re: [netconf] Adoption-suitability for draft-tao-netconf-notif-node-tag-capabilities

王巍 <wangw36@chinatelecom.cn> Tue, 18 August 2020 12:35 UTC

Sender: wangw36@chinatelecom.cn
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 20:34:56 +0800
From: 王巍 <wangw36@chinatelecom.cn>
To: kent+ietf <kent+ietf@watsen.net>, netconf <netconf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netconf] Adoption-suitability for draft-tao-netconf-notif-node-tag-capabilities

Hi all,

1) is the problem important for the NETCONF WG to solve?
I believe that it is important to capture characteristics data or KPI data for service assurance application and reduce the amount of
unnecessary data to be streamed out to the destination. Telemetry data tagging capability draft provides telemetry data classification and
help the client only fetch characteristics data.
And I also believe that the NETCONF WG is the appropriate WG for this work.
draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabilities defines server capabilities advertisement and provides a good basis for Telemetry data tagging capability draft.

2) is the draft a suitable basis for the work?
I have review v-02 and believe it provides a sound basis for this work. Also if I remember correct, the demo on this idea has been presented in one of hackathon in last year.
If this work gets adopted, I am willing to review it and contribute to the discussion.

Best Regards,

Wei Wang

China Telecom