Re: [Netconf] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications-03.txt

Andy Bierman <biermana@Brocade.com> Thu, 10 March 2011 01:01 UTC

From: Andy Bierman <biermana@Brocade.com>
To: Andy Bierman <biermana@Brocade.com>, Kent Watsen <kwatsen@juniper.net>, "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:02:55 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Netconf] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications-03.txt

oops -- did not see your 'which' running or 'which' startup.

does not compute.  Clearly not supported by the standard.
There are only 1 of each datastore type, except N of <url>.
Without a rewrite of the protocol, architecture, partial-lock,
and every other protocol extension, there is no point adding
support for multiple (candidate, running, startup) datastores.

You can augment the notification with vendor leafs providing
this information about a vendor feature.

Andy