[Netconf] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-25: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Thu, 06 December 2018 05:31 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch@ietf.org, Mahesh Jethanandani <mjethanandani@gmail.com>, Bert Wijnen <bwijnen@bwijnen.net>, Bert Wijnen <bwietf@bwijnen.net>, netconf-chairs@ietf.org, mjethanandani@gmail.com, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:31:33 -0800
Subject: [Netconf] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-25: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-25: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch/

COMMENT:

I support Adam's and Alexey's DISCUSS points.

§1.2: I have a bit of discomfort in how the manufacturer/owner business model
is encoded into this. In particular, is there any possibility of anonymous
owners? How about secondary markets (i.e. transfer of a device between owners)
without mediation by the manufacturer.)? But I see this is actually mentioned
in the security considerations, so I don't really expect a change.

§3.1, 4th paragraph: The first sentence is convoluted; please consider breaking
it into multiple simpler sentences.

- 6th paragraph: The first sentence is even more convoluted.

§5.6, 10th paragraph: I'm not sure how to interpret "MUST try". That doesn't
seem verifiable. -- first bullet under "implementation notes": is "roll out of"
the same things as "roll back"?

§9.8:
- 4th paragraph: Can the "best practices" be cited or described? Otherwise, the
normative "RECOMMENDED" seems pretty vague. (Or are the next few sentences
intended to define those practices?

-5th paragraph: Paragraph is hard to parse.