Re: [Netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6241 (3821)

Jonathan Hansford <jonathan@hansfords.net> Mon, 09 December 2013 21:28 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 21:27:56 +0000
From: Jonathan Hansford <jonathan@hansfords.net>
To: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <bertietf@bwijnen.net>, rob.enns@gmail.com, mbj@tail-f.com, andy.bierman@brocade.com, bclaise@cisco.com, joelja@bogus.com, mehmet.ersue@nsn.com, netconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6241 (3821)

Apologies,

This was my first submission of errata and they came out of my September
email and the subsequent thread about confirmed commits
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netconf/current/msg08314.html).
Consequently there has already been some discussion around the issue.
The points I was seeking to clarify related to the definition of the
term "Confirmed commit" (something that makes sense to those who have
had exposure to JUNOS but appeared counter-intuitive to me in that a
confirmed commit is one that hasn't yet been confirmed) and the fact
that it is possible to have a sequence of confirmed commits prior to the
confirming commit. I'm happy to add that text to the errata.

Jonathan