Re: [netconf] Capability-fetching mechanisms

"maqiufang (A)" <maqiufang1@huawei.com> Wed, 12 May 2021 06:54 UTC

From: "maqiufang (A)" <maqiufang1@huawei.com>
To: Wei Wang <weiwang94@foxmail.com>, Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>, Kent Watsen <kent+ietf@watsen.net>
CC: "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 06:54:39 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.136.123.93]
Subject: Re: [netconf] Capability-fetching mechanisms

Hi, folks,

Since data-export-capability draft defines a mechanism to discover a set of capabilities supported by the NETCONF/RESTCONF server(the network device, actually).

But in the http-notif draft, what we need to discover is the receiver's capabilities, rather than the device’s.

So I think the reason Kent said that the receiver must also be a NETCONF and/or RESTCONF server is that only in this case can the data-export-capability draft be used as capability discovery on the http-receiver side.

Please correct me if there exists any misunderstanding.-:)