[netconf] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-subscribed-notifications-23

Carlos Pignataro via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Sat, 06 April 2019 02:57 UTC

From: Carlos Pignataro via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: ops-dir@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-netconf-subscribed-notifications.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 19:57:59 -0700
Subject: [netconf] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-subscribed-notifications-23

Reviewer: Carlos Pignataro
Review result: Has Nits

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

This is a comprehensive very well written document.

>From an operational point of view, as per the ops-dir review, I have no
concerns or comments. Might be nice to collect some of the operational points
in an Operations Consideration section, particularly given the document
structure of Section 5.x, "ZZZ Considerations".

I do have one important question for consideration, which is: what is *really*
the relationship of this (+ draft-ietf-netconf-netconf-event-notifications
potentially) with RFC 5277? A Normative reference, this doc has no metadata
regarding Updating, Obsoleting, etc. Yet lots of it is indeed a superset of it.

I recommend the authors+ADs consider whether there is any more formal
relationship with RFC 5277 that would require meta-tagging the RFC.

Thanks,

Carlos Pignataro.