[Netconf] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis-06: (with COMMENT)

Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> Thu, 11 October 2018 00:59 UTC

From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis@ietf.org, Mahesh Jethanandani <mjethanandani@gmail.com>, netconf-chairs@ietf.org, mjethanandani@gmail.com, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 17:59:23 -0700
Subject: [Netconf] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis-06: (with COMMENT)

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis/

COMMENT:

Thanks for the work everyone did on this document.

ID Nits reports:

  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 5246 (Obsoleted by RFC 8446)
  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 6536 (Obsoleted by RFC 8341)

Page 16:

>      leaf checksum {
>        type string;
>        mandatory true;
>        description
>          "A server-generated checksum of the contents of the
>           'yang-library' tree.  The server MUST change the value of
>           this leaf if the information represented by the
>           'yang-library' tree, except 'yang-library/checksum', has
>           changed.";

I suspect that changing the name of this node in the tree would be disruptive
at this point in time, but this is clearly not a checksum ("There is no
requirement that the same information always results in the same 'checksum'
value"). I would suggest updating the description to use the term "version
identifier" or something similar.

§8.2:

>  [RFC8340]  Bjorklund, M. and L. Berger, Ed., "YANG Tree Diagrams",
>             BCP 215, RFC 8340, DOI 10.17487/RFC8340, March 2018,
>             <https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8340>.

Since this document is required to understand the syntax used in the tree
diagrams used by this document, it should be normative rather than informative.