Re: status of ndb working group

Richard Hintz <hintz@oz.ucop.edu> Wed, 11 March 1992 22:24 UTC

Sender: ietf-ndb-request@ucdavis.edu
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1992 13:32:54 -0000
From: Richard Hintz <hintz@oz.ucop.edu>
To: ietf-ndb@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: status of ndb working group

> However, I haven't seen any status reports of meetings,
> nor any substantive discussions of the technical merits
> of the NDB proposal, or whether alternatives to it (such
> as running ISO RDA over TCP/IP) have been  discussed at
> meetings.

For what it's worth, maybe nothing, minutes of the previous meetings
are available in the usual places for IETF minutes (for instance,
ftp.nisc.sri.com in the ietf directory).

These minutes do, at least, answer in general terms what was
discussed, such as an attempt at cooperation with the group
discussing SQL over OSI.  And I, for one, would welcome a technical
perspective on the NDB proposal from someone familiar with Ingres.
This would be a good place to do it.

From glancing at the attendence lists of the workgroup meetings it
would seem that there's no stable, critical mass to the group.  That
may be one of the problems, in addition to the issues Mr Vielmetti
raises.

Richard Hintz    hintz@oz.ucop.edu
University of California