Re: [netext] Consensus call: Adopt I-D draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03 as Netext WG doc?

Stefano Faccin <sfaccin@rim.com> Fri, 12 August 2011 18:40 UTC

Return-Path: <sfaccin@rim.com>
X-Original-To: netext@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: netext@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4493E21F84E2 for <netext@ietfa.amsl.com>; Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -6.599
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-6.599 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-2.599, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED=-4]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([12.22.58.30]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id bs-Dy6a8go8P for <netext@ietfa.amsl.com>; Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mhs060cnc.rim.net (mhs060cnc.rim.net [208.65.73.34]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1AFD821F84D7 for <netext@ietf.org>; Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
X-AuditID: 0a41282f-b7cd4ae0000005d0-71-4e4573a94ecc
Received: from XHT110CNC.rim.net (xht110cnc.rim.net [10.65.22.55]) (using TLS with cipher AES128-SHA (AES128-SHA/128 bits)) (Client did not present a certificate) by mhs060cnc.rim.net (SBG) with SMTP id AF.8C.01488.9A3754E4; Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:40:41 +0000 (GMT)
Received: from XCT102ADS.rim.net (10.67.111.43) by XHT110CNC.rim.net (10.65.22.55) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 8.3.159.2; Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:40:56 -0400
Received: from XMB101ADS.rim.net ([fe80::cce5:67de:a150:3c3b]) by XCT102ADS.rim.net ([fe80::4806:2e1d:2b7c:cfdf%22]) with mapi id 14.01.0289.001; Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:40:55 -0500
From: Stefano Faccin <sfaccin@rim.com>
To: "Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com" <Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com>
Thread-Topic: [netext] Consensus call: Adopt I-D draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03 as Netext WG doc?
Thread-Index: AQHMV6MuHZ6NbgcL2k6ZQy/+0fAoQZUZYTUAgAAD04D//68fgIAAdZtw//+PPYCAAHYUQA==
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:40:54 +0000
Message-ID: <00151E171043D44DBF23C55EEAB45ED0018627@XMB101ADS.rim.net>
References: <00151E171043D44DBF23C55EEAB45ED0018607@XMB101ADS.rim.net> <CA6ADBE0.1D166%basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>
In-Reply-To: <CA6ADBE0.1D166%basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>
Accept-Language: en-CA, en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
x-originating-ip: [10.70.110.253]
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
content-transfer-encoding: base64
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Brightmail-Tracker: H4sIAAAAAAAAA+NgFlrLKsWRmVeSWpSXmKPExsXC5Shmrruy2NXP4OtRMYuW9d1sFtd+PmV3 YPJYsuQnk8fdW5eYApiiGhhtEvPy8ksSS1IVUlKLk22VfFLTE3MUAooyyxKTKxVcMouTcxIz c1OLlBQyU2yVTJQUCnISk1NzU/NKbJUSCwpS81KU7LgUMIANUFlmnkJqXnJ+SmZeuq2SZ7C/ roWFqaWuoZKdLhJI+Med0bB8N3PBDveKlu+/mRsYz7h2MXJwSAiYSHxqK+ti5AQyxSQu3FvP 1sXIxSEk0MMkcXnNVmYIZymjxPMjaxghnK2MEtNP9rODtLAJqEkseb6WGWSSiIC1xLy+JJAw s4C6xK35Z1lAbGGBHIlp6z6zgtgiArkS8989YoMoD5PY+d0SJMwioCqxYd1cJpAwr4CbxLMt 3iBhIYFiiXk/frKB2JwC5hJPDn8Cm8IoICux++x1JohN4hK3nsxngrhfQGLJnvPMELaoxMvH /1ghbEWJRZ3fGUHGMwtoSqzfpQ/Rqigxpfsh2B+8AoISJ2c+YYFYKyMx8fFilgmMErOQbJiF 0D0LSfcsJN0LGFlWMQrmZhQbmBkk5yXrFWXm6uWllmxiBKcTDf0djH17tQ4xCnAwKvHwvkh0 9RNiTSwrrsw9xCjBwawkwtv12sVPiDclsbIqtSg/vqg0J7X4EKMFMHgmMktxJ+cDU11eSbyx gQEKR0mcN1jawE9IIB2YuLJTUwtSi2BamTg4pRoYLfxPadhx7qpfujphacO8iITWmp/+b5Pi HkqeV3HXuvJn171rCRu86p7Maf3EqGnAuoLNreLYhrtuzxdeLrN+8D7eKzxkZvO7x36Pl91p rpDU81ltvFhuhrvvtOWpgn8+KU/0X/bW66P6olWaSQLenDy+LNqt/++k95xwF5eeHmFyc3cZ +8TJSizFGYmGWsxFxYkADTvxRkADAAA=
Cc: "netext@ietf.org" <netext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netext] Consensus call: Adopt I-D draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03 as Netext WG doc?
X-BeenThere: netext@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: "Mailing list for discusion of extensions to network mobility protocol, i.e PMIP6. " <netext.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/netext>, <mailto:netext-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netext>
List-Post: <mailto:netext@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:netext-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext>, <mailto:netext-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:40:20 -0000

Raj,
Thanks for the clarification. Personally, I believe we are just postponing the discussion. If solutions had indeed been proposed, one would have had a chance to keep an open mind in considering it. For this reason, I have no choice but maintaining my indication as a "NO".
Cheers,

Stefano Faccin

Standards Manager
Research In Motion Corporation 
5000 Riverside Drive 
Building 6, Brazos East, Ste. 100
Irving, Texas 75039 USA 
Note: located in PST

Office: (972) 910 3451  
Internal: 820.63451
Mobile : (510) 230 8422
www.rim.com; www.blackberry.com 



 Consider the environment before printing.


-----Original Message-----
From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com [mailto:Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com] 
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 11:37 AM
To: Stefano Faccin
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] Consensus call: Adopt I-D draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03 as Netext WG doc?


Hi Stefano,

The chairs will monitor the discussion closely and any proposed solutions
to the issues that are raised. Unless we(chairs), the people raising the
issue, as well as the WG members, are not satisfied with the resolution we
will not progress the document.
The point about the process here is that at the moment we are spinning
wheels without making any forward progress. With a more formal approach to
the discussion and use of the tools, we hope to avoid discussions that are
in an unending loop. I do hope that folks who raise issues are also
willing to listen to solutions with an open mind.

-Raj

On 8/12/11 1:29 PM, "ext Stefano Faccin" <sfaccin@rim.com> wrote:

>Raj,
>May I ask a question regarding the process? You claim the issues are not
>show stoppers. Let's assume we proceed and handle them in the data
>tracker to dissatisfaction of the people raising them. What then? How
>would you achieve progress then?
>
>Stefano Faccin
>
>Standards Manager
>Research In Motion Corporation
>5000 Riverside Drive
>Building 6, Brazos East, Ste. 100
>Irving, Texas 75039 USA
>Note: located in PST
>
>Office: (972) 910 3451
>Internal: 820.63451
>Mobile : (510) 230 8422
>www.rim.com; www.blackberry.com
>
>
>
> Consider the environment before printing.
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com [mailto:Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com]
>Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 11:20 AM
>To: Stefano Faccin
>Cc: netext@ietf.org
>Subject: Re: [netext] Consensus call: Adopt I-D
>draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03 as Netext WG doc?
>
>
>Hi Stefano,
>
>As I replied to Julien, I realize that we have discussed several aspects
>of the I-D multiple times. But I do not believe there are issues which
>could be termed as "fundamental" to the protocol.
>Hence my suggestion would be for folks to raise these issues through the
>tracker in a formal manner to ensure that they are resolved to the
>satisfaction of all. Please take the time to frame your concerns and
>issues on the ML and through the issue tracker.
>
>-Raj
>
>On 8/12/11 1:09 PM, "ext Stefano Faccin" <sfaccin@rim.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello Raj,
>>I cannot help but support Julien's view. He is correct that some points
>>were raised not once, not twice, but several times, and have still not
>>been addressed. 
>>
>>My answer to your question is
>>
>>> Q: Should we adopt as Netext WG I-D the document:
>>> draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03 which will be used as the
>>> starting point in specifying the flow mobility feature for Proxy
>>> Mobile IPv6?
>>>
>>Yes  [    ]
>>No    [ X ]
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Stefano Faccin
>>
>>Standards Manager
>>Research In Motion Corporation
>>5000 Riverside Drive
>>Building 6, Brazos East, Ste. 100
>>Irving, Texas 75039 USA
>>Note: located in PST
>>
>>Office: (972) 910 3451
>>Internal: 820.63451
>>Mobile : (510) 230 8422
>>www.rim.com; www.blackberry.com
>>
>>
>>
>> Consider the environment before printing.
>>
>>
>>
>>On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM,  <Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> At IETF81 the chairs made a proposal to adopt as WG I-D: Proxy Mobile
>>>IPv6
>>> Extensions to Support Flow Mobility
>>> <draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03> As the starting point for
>>> the specification defining flow mobility for Proxy Mobile IPv6.
>>> We gauged support for and against adopting this I-D at the IETF81 WG
>>> meeting with the following result:
>>>
>>> In favor: 18
>>> Opposed: None
>>>
>>> As per process we are following up on the mailing list with the same
>>> question. Please respond by Aug 18th, 2011 to the question below:
>>>
>>> Q: Should we adopt as Netext WG I-D the document:
>>> draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-03 which will be used as the
>>> starting point in specifying the flow mobility feature for Proxy
>>> Mobile IPv6?
>>>
>>> Yes   [ ]
>>> No    [ ]
>>>
>>>
>>> -Chairs
>>>
>>> IETF81 WG minutes are posted at:
>>> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/minutes/netext.txt
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> netext mailing list
>>> netext@ietf.org
>>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext
>>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>netext mailing list
>>netext@ietf.org
>>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential
>>information, privileged material (including material protected by the
>>solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
>>non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than
>>the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this
>>transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete
>>this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or
>>reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not
>>authorized and may be unlawful.
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential
>information, privileged material (including material protected by the
>solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
>non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than
>the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this
>transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete
>this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or
>reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not
>authorized and may be unlawful.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.