[Netext] next steps for netext

behcetsarikaya at yahoo.com (Behcet Sarikaya) Tue, 07 April 2009 15:08 UTC

From: "behcetsarikaya at yahoo.com"
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 08:08:11 -0700
Subject: [Netext] next steps for netext

Hi Carlos,
? Check this out:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wakikawa-netext-pmip6-nemo-support-00

Regards,

Behcet

________________________________
From: Carlos Jes?s Bernardos Cano <cjbc at it.uc3m.es>
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko at piuha.net>
Cc: netext at mail.mobileip.jp
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 6:15:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Netext] next steps for netext

Hi Jari, all,

Regarding the NEMO topic, I don't know what Sri has in mind, but my
personal view on that is that it'd be nice to extend PMIPv6 to support
mobile networks. What I mean here is that it'd be nice to enable MAGs
to also move (like MRs, but without even supporting RFC3963), so an MR
would be able to move between fixed and mobile MAGs without changing
its IP address (same support RFC5213 gives now). There are some
interesting scenarios that could benefit from this.

What do others think? It is interesting to work on this?

Thanks,

Carlos