[Netext] next steps for netext

jari.arkko at piuha.net (Jari Arkko) Mon, 06 April 2009 18:19 UTC

From: "jari.arkko at piuha.net"
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:19:07 +0300
Subject: [Netext] next steps for netext

Sri, Rajeev,

>> FYI: these items are not "cherry-picked" nor or they random!
>>
>> Folks have spent time on this over months (since Dublin meeting).
>>
>> Of course you are free to propose other items, but please go back and
>> read the archives and past meeting materials before expressing
>> comments on topics which you may not be fully aware of :-)
>>

> Ok. Fair enough. I may have missed the discussions. Or, since it was a
> BOF
> ML, not many folks may have had the chance to provide input. In any case,
> no offense here. But, since the WG is now formally getting approved, it
> might be better to get feedback from the list on the items that should be
> in the list, before the charter is formally fixed.

We do accept -- in fact we highly encourage -- other people from outside
the core BOF constituency to provide feedback on what a new WG should
and should not work on. In that sense Sri's input is very welcome,
particularly given his close involvement in Proxy Mobile IPv6
technology. So it is fine to suggest more work items, or comment on the
existing ones. However, Rajeev is right in the sense that we have a
process through which all of this is being developed. Proposal for new
work comes from some set of people, and is refined through discussion on
the list and in the meeting, AD/IESG review, etc. In particular, the
proposals on the table in the BOF are in a far easier place to enter the
final charter, because we had an opportunity for the community to review
and comment on those proposals. We can add items, and small things can
be added very easily. For larger things we might need more discussion...

Jari