[Netext] next steps for netext

jari.arkko at piuha.net (Jari Arkko) Mon, 06 April 2009 17:26 UTC

From: "jari.arkko at piuha.net"
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:26:17 +0300
Subject: [Netext] next steps for netext

Ahmad,

> The proposed charter looks good to me. However, one comment below. I
> probably should have made this comment when the topic of Bulk refresh
> was discussed.
> Such a proposed change, although, it is useful, but could introduce some
> unwanted scenarios and race conditions. From the scenarios that come to
> mind the following:

This is a valid concern. I hope the guys working on this have figured
out a way to avoid the problem...

However, I do believe that we can leave the explicit requirement to
avoid race conditions out of the charter text. It is one of a number of
technical things the group must get right in order to have a document
that can move forward.

Jari