Re: [netext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-03.txt

<Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com> Wed, 07 September 2011 21:55 UTC

From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
To: brian.haley@hp.com, sgundave@cisco.com
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:57:25 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.19.59.27]
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-03.txt

Following up on Brian's point, the I-D says in Sec 4.1:

"
Depending on the OS support, it might
      be possible to use more than one physical interface at a time --
      so the node is simultaneously attached to different media -- or
      just to provide a fail-over mode.  Controlling the way the
      different media is used (simultaneous, sequential attachment, etc)
      is not trivial and requires additional intelligence and/or
      configuration at the logical interface device driver.  An example
      of this type of solution is the Logical interface, which is
      defined in this document, or the bonding driver (a Linux
      implementation).

"

Do you have examples of implementations wherein a logical interface is
able to use multiple physical interfaces simultaneously?

The multiple-care-of-address solution for MIP6 enables the MN to be
simultaneously attached to an HA via different interfaces. But in such a
model, you have different CoAs associated with those physical interfaces.

-Raj