[Netext] Scope of proposed work

ryuji.wakikawa at gmail.com (Ryuji Wakikawa) Wed, 08 April 2009 21:52 UTC

From: "ryuji.wakikawa at gmail.com"
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:52:44 -0400
Subject: [Netext] Scope of proposed work

Hi Raj,

Thanks for this. I agree on what you said in your mail.
However, I want to ask one more clarification.

I don't want to go to MIP6 vs PMIP6 here, but some of extensions
(multihoming, flow mobility,
LMA redirection aka HAswithc?) are already covered by MIP6 in MEXT.
When we need the similar features to PMIP,
will NetEXT solution inherit MIP6 and MIP6-based-extension as RFC5213
did?
One of goal of RFC5213 was to inherit MIP6 spec as much as possible.

PMIP specific issues can be solved anyway, but some of common issues
can be
solved with the similar extensions to MIP6 or with another extensions
to MIP6 extension.
After PMIP6 deployment, we will have more common issues between MIP6
and PMIP6.

It makes sense to take the same approach to solve the same goal at
MIP6 and PMIP6.

regards,
ryuji

On 2009/04/08, at 16:29, <Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com> <Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com